I’ve been involved in building simple mobile first responsive interfaces to complex commercial applications for the web and mobile.
I’ve planned, prototyped and executed design systems through close collaboration with stakeholders and team members using Sketch, Adobe XD, Invision and Jira.
Modular CSS with Sass, BEM and atomic component architecture. Experience with static site generators such as Jekyll and Gatsby. Familiar with most CSS frameworks.
For version control, I am experienced in Git.
ACCESSIBILITY & UX
I’m an advocate for accessibility on the web. I’ve run Pa11y tests and audits to ensure that software complies with WCAG guidelines. I have a solid understanding of User centric design principles for desktop and mobile systems.
I’m keen on logo design, I enjoy the challenge of creating a brand message using simple shapes and colours.
I am experienced using Photoshop and Illustrator for creating and optimising assets for the web. I’m enthusiastic about web typography, having come from a print background.
I have experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary Agile team using Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
JOBS AND SKILLS
– Front-end Design and Development
– Sass architecture with BEM and atomic component principles
– Building Design Systems and style guides
– Design Planning and prototyping using sketch, Invision and Zeplin
– Working with front-end technologies such as React and Vue
– Working as part of an Agile team
– UX, Usability and Accessibility – setting up automated tests with Pa11y
– Graphic design for the web and animation with HTML5 and CSS3
– Designing and prototyping for IOS